1. I will be your Exclusive Buyer Agent (EBA). Because our company does not take listings or ever take on sellers as clients, we will never ask you to agree to less than 100% representation.
2. We will not “switch teams” or change allegiance mid-transaction. You will start with an EBA and you will end with an EBA.
3. I will ALWAYS take YOUR side in negotiations.
4. I don’t have any interests in any mortgage, title or inspection companies. There are no financial incentives for me to steer you to any “in-house” vendors.
5. I specialize in working with buyers. I don’t switch hats from sellers to buyers. I am ALWAYS focused on what is best for the BUYER in the transaction.
6. I will be your consultant, not a salesperson. Because I list no homes, I have no “inventory” to sell. I have no properties that I’m legally obligated to promote to buyers. An agent or company with listings cannot make this claim.
7. I will tell you everything I learn about a seller or a property that will help you in negotiations or that could influence your decision to move forward with a transaction or that could change your opinion of the value of the property.
8. I will keep information that could damage YOUR negotiating position confidential.
9. I will use legitimate comparable sales when determining an estimated market value for the home. I will not simply choose the homes that justify the seller’s asking price.
10. If it is in your best interest, I will help you take your transaction apart and I will protect your interests while doing so. My goal is to do what is in your best interest… my goal is not “closing the deal.”
11. I will educate and guide you through the process, but all decisions will be yours. I will obey any lawful instructions you give me regarding your transaction.
12. You will always control the price range of homes we consider. I will not try to convince you to raise your price range. If anything, I have been guilty of talking some clients into a lower price range.
13. Although I am not a professional home inspector, I will point out any flaws I see with properties and not just focus on the benefits.
14. I will assist in putting you in contact with appropriate professionals to help with your due diligence if desired.
15. I will help you buy with resale in mind. I have shown many thousands of homes to hundreds of buyers. Based on my experience, I will point out to you floor-plan, location and other issues that may negatively impact resale value or the ability to find a buyer down the road.
16. I will try and help you save as much money as possible when you buy so you will make that much more profit when you someday sell.
17. Above all, I commit to put your best interest first in your transaction.